I was so excited when Rachel and John asked me to be their wedding photographer. They are a gorgeous couple with great taste! What could be better for a photographer?
They got married in the Catholic church Rachel went to growing up and then moved the party to Hickory Street Annex in downtown Dallas. I love the mix of the traditional with the modern… You can tell the couple chose to do exactly what was right for them, and that's worth celebrating. Thank you for having me, Rachel and John!
Bride's favorite moments:
- Being our own Eucharistic Ministers at the ceremony: This was such a special moment and allowed us to have time with each person at the ceremony.
- Bar hoppin' during the break: Because we got married in the afternoon, we had a couple hours before the cocktail hour would begin. The bridal party all got to ride to the venue in a party bus and had plenty of time to take pictures without having to feel too rushed. Then we all took the bus to a bar just down to road to hang out casually and chat before the next party.
- Elevator entrance: The most Snapchatted moment of our wedding was our big entrance to the reception up the old elevator in the middle of Hickory Street Annex. Complete with fog machine, we both felt like rockstars. It was so unexpected and a great way to lead into our first dance.
Groom's favorite moments:
- Ceremony: Seeing her walk down the aisle obviously, but also communion. Rachel and I decided we would minister communion to anyone who chose it, and it was a very cool moment. We have a lot of friends who aren't Catholic, and it was a simple way to share our faith with them.
- Reception: Too many really... If you're gonna make me choose, then it would have to be the entirety of the dance party.
Photography: Kailey Thompson Photography | Second shooter: Marshall Tidrick | Planner: After Yes | Hair and MUA: Hello Flawless Artistry | Ceremony Venue: St. Ann Catholic Parish | Reception Venue: Hickory Street Annex | Invitations: Blue Eye Brown Eye | Florist: Amanda Page with Hickory Street Annex | DJ: LeForce Entertainment | Bakery: Sugar Bee Sweets Bakery | Catering: Vestals Catering | Film lab: Photovision