My Favorite Protein-Packed Green Smoothie
Did you know you should be aiming to consume 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight if you're trying to build muscle? You probably aren't consuming enough because this is really hard to do sometimes! That kind of protein intake doesn't happen on accident — you have to plan for it.
Since it's tricky to get in enough protein, I make a protein smoothie almost every day. Sometimes I have it for or with breakfast, but it's great for an on-the-go afternoon snack, too! My green protein smoothie recipe is packed with a whopping 37 grams of protein!
Check out the recipe below, and let me know what you think!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins unflavored collagen peptides
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins unflavored whey protein
- A little water and crushed ice (you don't need much!)
- Slice up half a banana and freeze overnight. You can also freeze the sliced strawberries ahead of time!
- When you're ready to make the smoothie, slice up the strawberries if you haven't already. Add these and the frozen banana slices to a blender with the baby spinach, protein powder, collagen powder, and a bit of water and crushed ice. You don't need a lot of ice because the frozen banana slices make the smoothie nice and creamy! If you don't have frozen banana on hand, just add more ice.
- Blend together, pour, and enjoy!
Nutritional info: 252 calories | 24g carbs | 2g fat | 37g protein